These terms may be amended at any time by us without specific notice to you. The latest terms will be posted on the Site, and you should review this Agreement prior to using the Site.
- SITE OVERVIEW. This site is intended for the exclusive use of SSAI employees and is only available to users who have a registered User ID and Password and are employees of Science Systems and Applications, Inc. (SSAI). If you do not have a valid registered User ID and Password or are no longer an employee of SSAI, you are not authorized to use or access the Site; however, in certain limited instances, SSAI may permit certain of its terminated employees to access the Site for very limited purposes. SSAI is providing you with access to the information and services on the Site under the following terms and conditions (“Terms”). Please note that not all terms and conditions set out below may be applicable to you. The “Site” shall refer to the “SSAI Connect” website which makes available certain information and services to employee users and administrator users, as applicable, as authorized by SSAI.
- EMPLOYEE USERS. On the Site, you will be able to access certain employment-related information and documents made available by SSAI. You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to verify the accuracy and completeness of any information you have submitted to the Site. You acknowledge that SSAI is not rendering legal advice or other professional services. While every effort is made to provide current information, the law changes regularly and laws may vary depending upon the country, state, province or municipality. The materials in the Site are made available for informational purposes only and are not a substitute for legal advice or your professional judgment. You should review applicable law in your jurisdiction and consult counsel for legal advice. You assume all responsibility for and risk arising from your use of and reliance upon the contents of the Site. You may from time to time provide suggestions, comments or other feedback ("Feedback") to SSAI with respect to the Site, software, services and/or related documentation. All Feedback shall be provided voluntarily and shall not, absent a separate written agreement, create any confidentiality obligation for SSAI. SSAI may use, disclose, reproduce, license or otherwise distribute any Feedback it receives at its discretion.
- REGISTRATION AND PASSWORD. In order to access and use the Site, you must provide your current User ID and Password. You agree to take any and all actions necessary to maintain the privacy of your User ID and Password, including, without limitation, safeguarding your User ID and Password in a private and secure place, adopting special precautions when accessing the Site from a computer that is available for use by other users and exiting from the Site at the end of each session. In the event that you have reason to believe that a third party has access to your account, you should immediately change your Password and notify the Human Resources Department.
- LAWS AND REGULATIONS. Access to and use of the Site (including the Software and Services) is subject to all applicable international, federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations. You agree to abide by these laws and not use the Site (including the Software and Services) in any way that violates such laws or regulations.
- SECURITY. Data transmitted to and from the Site is encrypted for the user’s protection. However, the security of information transmitted through the Internet can never be guaranteed. SSAI is not responsible for any interception or interruption of any communications through the Internet or for changes to or losses of data. User is responsible for maintaining the security of any password, User ID or other form of authentication involved in obtaining access to password protected or secure areas of the Site. In order to protect you and your data, SSAI may suspend your use of the Site, without notice, pending an investigation, if any breach of security is suspected.
- COPYRIGHTS AND TRADEMARKS. The content, organization, graphics, design, compilation, magnetic translation, digital conversion and other matters related to the Site are protected under applicable copyrights, trademarks and other proprietary (including but not limited to intellectual property) rights. The copying, redistribution, use or publication by you of any such matters or any part of the Site is strictly prohibited. You do not acquire ownership rights to any content, document or other materials viewed through the Site. The posting of information or materials on the Site does not constitute a waiver of any right in such information and materials. Users may not use the trademarks, logos and service marks (“Marks”) found on the Site for any purpose, including, but not limited to, use as “hot links” or meta tags in other pages or sites on the World Wide Web, without the written permission of SSAI or such third party that may own the Mark.
- OFFENSIVE, DESTRUCTIVE OR INAPPROPRIATE USE. You shall not exploit the Site or the Services in any unauthorized way whatsoever, including but not limited to, by trespass or burdening network capacity. You acknowledge and agree you are not permitted to use any personally identifiable information for personal use and you agree not to copy, transfer or distribute any personally identifiable information other than in compliance with all laws and as permitted in connection with the Services. You further agree not to use the Services in any manner to harass, abuse, stalk, threaten, defame or otherwise infringe or violate the rights of any other party, and that SSAI is not in any way responsible for any such use by you, nor for any harassing, threatening, defamatory, offensive or illegal messages or transmissions that you may receive as a result of using any of the Services.
- USE OF SITE NOT TRANSFERABLE/ASSIGNABLE. The right to use the Site (including the Software and Services) is personal to each user that is authorized to use the Site and is not transferable by such user by assignment, sublicense, or any other method to any other person or entity. Any attempt by a user to transfer such user’s rights shall be void and shall constitute a breach of these Terms.
- YOUR REPRESENTATIONS. You represent, warrant and covenant that: (a) you are authorized to access and use the Site; (b) all instructions and information you enter into the Site related to the Services will be accurate and complete; (c) you will verify and remain solely responsible for all instructions and information entered into the Site related to the Services; (d) you will not upload, transmit, distribute or otherwise publish through the Site any materials that contain a virus, worm or other harmful component or that would cause the Site to malfunction; and (e) you will not decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or unlawfully use or reproduce any of the Software or other copyrighted or trademarked material, trade secrets or other proprietary information contained in the Site.
- LINKS FROM THIRD PARTY SITES. SSAI prohibits unauthorized links to the Site and the framing of any information contained on the Site or any portion of the Site. SSAI reserves the right to disable any unauthorized links or frames. SSAI has no responsibility or liability for any material on other websites that may contain links to the Site.
- LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES; OTHER CONTENT; THIRD PARTY SERVICES. The Site may contain links to other websites that are not part of the SSAI-maintained domain. We are not responsible for the content, accuracy or opinions expressed in such websites, and such websites are not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy or completeness by us. Inclusion of any linked website on our Site does not imply approval or endorsement of the linked website by us. If you decide to leave our Site and access these third-party sites, you do so at your own risk. Third party materials and links to other websites are provided solely as a convenience to you. You acknowledge and agree that SSAI is not responsible for examining or evaluating the content, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, validity, copyright compliance, legality, decency, quality or any other aspect of such third party materials or websites. SSAI does not warrant or endorse and does not assume and will not have any liability or responsibility to you or any other person for any third party services, third party materials or websites, or for any other materials, products, or services of third parties. You also agree that any third party charges that are necessary to use the Site, such as internet charges and service provider charges, are your responsibility and not that of SSAI. You understand that by using any of the third party services, you may encounter content that may be deemed offensive, indecent, or objectionable, which content may or may not be identified as having explicit language, and that the results of any search or entering of a particular URL may automatically and unintentionally generate links or references to objectionable material. Nevertheless, you agree to use such services at your sole risk and SSAI shall not have any liability to you for content that may be found to be offensive, indecent, or objectionable.
- INDEMNIFICATION. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold us and our partners, attorneys, staff, product and service providers, and affiliates (collectively, “Affiliated Parties”) harmless from any liability, loss, claim and expense, including reasonable attorney's fees, related to your violation of the Terms or use of the Site.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL SSAI OR ITS LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES SUFFERED BY YOU, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, EXEMPLERY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, (I) LOSSES ARISING FROM THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SITE AND LICENSED APPLICATION (INCLUDING THE SOFTWARE AND/OR THE SERVICES), (II) LOSSES ARISING FROM UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA, OR (III) LOSS OF INFORMATION, PROGRAMS OR OTHER DATA THAT RESULT FROM ACCESS TO, USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE AND LICENSED APPLICATION (INCLUDING THE SOFTWARE AND/OR SERVICES) OR DUE TO ANY BREACH OF SECURITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE TRANSMISSION OF INFORMATION THROUGH THE INTERNET. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL BE IN FULL FORCE REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY IS BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND EVEN IF SSAI OR ITS LICENSORS HAD PREVIOUSLY BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- NO WARRANTIES. SSAI AND ITS LICENSORS MAKE NO WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE AND THE LICENSED APPLICATION (INCLUDING THE SOFTWARE AND SERVICES). YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND THE LICENSED APPLICATION (INCLUDING THE SOFTWARE AND SERVICES) IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SITE AND LICENSED APPLICATION (INCLUDING THE SOFTWARE AND SERVICES) IS PROVIDED SOLELY ON AN "AS-IS" AND "AS-AVAILABLE" BASIS. SSAI AND ITS LICENSORS MAKE, AND YOU RECEIVE, NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR BY OPERATION OF LAW, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. SSAI AND ITS LICENSORS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND/OR NONINFRINGEMENT. NEITHER SSAI NOR ITS LICENSORS WARRANTS THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SITE AND THE LICENSED APPLICATION (INCLUDING THE SOFTWARE AND SERVICES) SHALL BE UNINTERRUPTED, FREE OF VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES OR ANY OTHER MALICIOUS CODE, ERROR FREE OR THAT IT WILL FUNCTION OR OPERATE IN CONJUNCTION WITH ANY OTHER PRODUCT. SSAI AND ITS LICENSORS FURTHER DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTY THAT THE RESULTS OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITE AND LICENSED APPLICATION (INCLUDING THE SOFTWARE OR SERVICES) WILL MEET YOUR NEEDS.
- ACCESS TO PASSWORD PROTECTED/SECURE AREAS. Access to and use of password protected and/or secure areas of the Site is restricted to authorized users only. Unauthorized access to such areas is prohibited and may lead to criminal prosecution.
- TERMINATION. The Site and/or access to the Software and Services may be discontinued, temporarily or permanently, by SSAI at any time without notice to users. SSAI shall not be liable to any employee or to any third party for any suspension or discontinuance of the Site, the Software or the Services. Your rights to access the Site and the Software shall terminate if you cease to be an employee of SSAI, except as contemplated under Section 1 of these Terms. Upon termination of your access to the Site or Software, you shall cease use of the Site or Software.
- EDITING, DELETING AND MODIFICATION. We reserve the right in our sole discretion to edit or delete any documents, information or other content appearing on the Site.
- TRANSMISSIONS OF DATA. You acknowledge that transmissions to and from the Site could be read or intercepted by others. You acknowledge that by submitting communications through the Site, no confidential, fiduciary, contractually implied or other relationship is created between you and SSAI other than pursuant to these Terms. The Site is hosted in the U.S. Data that you transmit through the Site may be accessed and/or processed by SSAI, its affiliates or its trusted third party vendors within the U.S. or outside the U.S. As a result, your data may be subject to the laws of such jurisdictions, and may be accessible to the courts and law enforcement authorities in the U.S. or such other jurisdictions. By your use of the Site and your transmitting your personal information and other data, you consent to the use of your personal information and other data as required by SSAI to provide these Services.
- CONSENT TO USE OF DATA. You agree that SSAI may collect and use technical data and related information, including but not limited to technical information about your Device, system and application software, and peripherals, that is gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of software updates, product support and other services to you (if any) related to the Software. SSAI may use this information, as long as it is in a form that does not personally identify you, to improve its products or to provide services or technologies to you.
- GOVERNING LAW. THESE TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED ACCORDING TO THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF MARYLAND, EXCLUDING ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES, REGARDLESS OF WHERE ANY ACTION MAY BE BROUGHT. YOU AGREE TO SUBMIT TO THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION OF THE STATE AND FEDERAL COURTS OF THE STATE OF MARYLAND.
- MISCELLANEOUS. Should any part of these Terms be held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed consistent with applicable law and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect. To the extent that anything in or associated with the Site is in conflict or inconsistent with these Terms, the Terms shall take precedence. Our failure to enforce any provision of these Terms shall not be deemed a waiver of such provision nor of the right to enforce such provision.